Setting up Exchange ActiveSync on the iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Posted by Paul Woodland (Import) on 30 November 2009 10:21 PM
The following steps will set up the email address on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Please ensure you have a working internet connection before proceeding.|
- From the home screen, select the "Settings" icon
- Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Select "Add Account..."
- Select "Microsoft Exchange"
- Enter the settings:
- E-Mail Address: The full email address being accessed
- Domain: The part of your email address after the @ symbol
- Username: The part of your email address before the @ symbol
- Password: The password for the email address as set in the Helm control panel
- Description: You can enter anything that you wish here
- Press the "Next" button. It will then attempt to connect, but fail and a new box will appear called "Server"
- In the new "Server" box enter one of the following:
uk.mail.yourwebservers.com (for customers on our UK servers)
us.mail.yourwebservers.com (for customers on our US servers)
- Press the "Next" button again
- On this screen you can select whether you wish to synchronize mail, contacts and calendars. We suggest leaving all turned on
- Press the "Done" button and wait for it to complete
The setup is now complete. You can start using the device immediately. Any existing data will start to be downloaded to the device. This may take some time depending on the speed of your connection.