Setting up Exchange ActiveSync on Windows Mobile 6 Devices
Posted by Paul Woodland (Import) on 30 November 2009 10:30 PM
The following steps will set up the email address on a Windows Mobile 6 device. Please ensure you have a working internet connection before proceeding.|
- Open the messaging application
- From the account list select "New E-Mail Account"
- Enter your full email address in the box provided and untick the "Try to get settings automatically from the Internet" checkbox
- From the provider screen, select "Exchange Server"
- Press next until you reach the server address screen
- In the "Server address" box enter one of the following:
uk.mail.yourwebservers.com (for customers on our UK servers)
us.mail.yourwebservers.com (for customers on our US servers)
- Press next
- Enter the settings:
- Username: The part of your email address before the @ symbol
- Domain: The part of your email address after the @ symbol
- Password: The password for the email address as set in the Helm control panel
- Press next
- Select the type of items that you wish to synchronise (we suggesting selecting all of them) and then press "Finish"
The setup is now complete and the device will start downloading all existing messages. This may take some time depending on the speed of your connection.